Buttercup's Fire Swamp Dress Princess Bride
Custom made to order. Due to high demand, costume orders will be made and shipped an average of 90 days from from your order date. If you need it in a shorter time frame, please contact us first for rush fees and availability.
This Princess Buttercup costume is a faithful replica from the original movie. Stills of the original costume were studied for the exacting details seen in this costume including slopes of the seams, composition, and construction. The only details that were changed were to align the skirt and bodice pleats (as they were mismatched in the original costume) and to actually hem the dress as the original was never hemmed due to a short time frame prior to production.
The dress is made from a polyester woven in an orangy red. The bodice is fully lined and top stitched for beautiful detailing. It has a short collar that curves up the neck and splices down into a v in the back. There are two princess seams in the sides and the front has pleats just under the bust. The skirt is plenty full with pleats all the way around and aligning with the bodice pleats in the front. The bodice slopes into the underbust in the front and then down at the waist in the back. Although in the pictures the hem puddles on the ground, it is made to be floor length on a real person (mannequin was short). The back is decorated with red eyelets which have all been hand stitched with matching red thread to be more "period accurate" but also as reinforcement.
The sleeves are the real focus of this dress and what turns it from being simplistic into rich in detail. The sleeves start very fitted at the top of the arm and then drape down into a billowing amount of fabric at the wrist. All the fullness is then hand stitched into cartridge pleats and then attached to the outside of the cuff. This is a particular detail we studied from the original film that was too gorgeous to be left out the back of the bodice and laced up with red leather cording.
DetailsSometimes looking at other versions online can be deceiving. Here's what makes our costumes different and worth their cost:
1. Structuring within the costume, twill, interfacing, and extra efforts to make sure seams and materials don't unravel. We take the extra step to use all those wonderful tools like interfacing, twill tape, bias tape, and more so that everything is reinforced to last for years.
2. Our skirts do not have elastic waist bands. Some companies or individuals use this to cut time and cost. Our skirts in our costumes have a real waist band with hooks and eyes like a couture fashion garment.
3. We don't skip the modesty panels. When our costumes expand sizing or are adjustable they have modesty panels to cover the skin in both skirts and bodices.
4. We use the finest materials. Bridal satins, velvets, brocades, silks, and more.
5. Our costumes are lined. Not just with cheap lining, we self line which means the outer fabrics and inner fabrics are of the same quality. This helps with longevity and wear on your costume.
6. Design. Design is our strength, we work out the bugs and get you the finest closest version to film, play, movies, and characters. But we also can do budget versions of our costumes if you do need to cut corners.
Bbeauty Designs is a professional costume designer. If you are a children's entertainment company, contact us separately for volume pricing. All our costumes can be modified to our clients wishes. Please contact us for details. Visit us online at www.bbeautydesigns.com for more about us.